Wednesday 7 January 2015

High City: Photographs



After taking ideas of improvement into consideration, I then developed the original design for the Revolutionary and created an outfit which I could dress my roommate in so that she could replicate a live action version of my character. I took influences from various sources, the main source being the setting of the Hunger Games' Capitol City. I also took influence from Japanese geisha fashioin which can be seen in the belt of the model, which is actually based off an Obi.
To give a sense of class, I used a rich looking material for the back drop.


I wanted the Revolutionary to have an instantly recognisable character design. I also wanted to focus on the design of the makeup, as I feel that it would be very dramatic in the High City. I had experimented with some bright colours, but I find that white looked the most sophisticated. I decided to stick to white details as it works well with the blue hair of the model to give a nice cool feeling to contrast against the warm colour and texture of the jacket.
To prove a sense of wealth, people in the High City would have short unnatural coloured hair as it is a lot of maintenance and would show that you could afford the upkeep.
The same is to be said about body modifications. Things like elf ears, piercings, or tattoos are again a show of wealth as it proves that you could afford to pay a professional to mark your body.

No comments:

Post a Comment