Thursday 8 January 2015

Fishing island Tai'O, photography.


In 2011, I traveled with my parents to Hong Kong. We lived in the city for two months, and during which time, we decided to visit some of the fishing islands. This is Tai'O, one of the main fishing islands.  It was the derelict looking huts which have been the main inspiration for the design of my underground City in my comic. The boggy marshlands and dirty looking housing provided a great photography opportunity, and with a bit of photo manipulation, I feel as though these could be used as a base for my City.




This is one of my favourite photographs from the ones I took as I really like the colour composition. I love how the green door, window frames, and plants really compliment the rusted walls and roof, and the scarlet new year decorations. 
I will most likely use this as a base for my "home" design, as out of all the photos I have taken, this hut seemed the most 'lived in'.






































This is a photo of me in front of the huts for good measure, and to prove that I was there.  like the idea of having someone sat in front of the 'city', so I might use this as a pose reference for my main character.







































This photo is pretty interesting as the hut itself was unlike the others. Though substantially smaller in terms of width, it was one of the only houses on the island to have a second floor. The photo really does not do justice to how small these buildings were, but if you look at the door for size comparison, then you will see how petite the buildings actually are.

No comments:

Post a Comment