Monday 10 November 2014

Copy 2






































This is an original Wizard comic cover illustrated by Lee Jim. I chose to copy this style because I really like the use of directional lines to create tone and shape.
 This is the first stage of my copy. I used a rough sketch to get a basic idea of shape and proportion.

This is the second stage of my copy. This is where I add detail and alter sizes so that I can get the copy as close as possible to the original.
This is my finished copy of the original. I have used black to give the effect of an inked piece. I am pretty happy with how this came out, though if I were to do it again, I would try and make the characters a little more narrow, as I have drawn them a little too wide compared to the original.

No comments:

Post a Comment